Dene,

You hit the head of the nail perfectly.

John
El Paso

In a message dated 1/4/2011 3:42:31 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
av...@telkomsa.net writes:

Guys
John Finlay mentions the addition of an in-flight adjustable  prop to use
in
conjunction with your turbo.
The way I understand it,  the motor that has a turbo with the waist gate
set
to X manifold pressure  will produce Y power regardless of it's altitude
(at
a fixed throttle  setting). How do you prevent over revving the motor at
altitude and still  use the extra power that the turbo produces without an
in-flight  adjustible prop? Sure you could set the manifold pressure lower
or
run at  a lower throttle setting but that negates using the turbo in the
first  place????
To me, using a turbo without an in-flight adjustable prop is not  worth the
effort and expense. Am I missing  something?

Regards
Dene Collett
Avlec Projects cc
Port  Elizabeth