If you just want GPS and other informaiton then this unit is fine, though it
won't replace your other insturments or give you IFR. Many of these less
expensive units do not come with an artifical horizon or replace any of the
6 pack. They simplly allow you better navigation and will do what you are
wanting (reduce cluttler and easier nav).

I'm going the http://www.pcavionics.com/ route, it has a solid state gyro
that plus into an onboard system, mine of course will have SSD drive. Though
this is all on my bigger plane. For the KR2, still trying to figure out what
I want to do, there is alot less space and so much to put on. I might reduce
what I want to do with it to more basics and just have AS/ALT analog
backups.

The tech is getting cheaper every day so who knows what there will be when I
finally finish everything else on the plane, leaving the electronics for
last.

Joe