Hmmm that is true, though I do have a real small tank too so there is alot
of weight savings there. Guess it all depends on several factors. I guess if
I was going the two place route I would worry more about it as tyring to lug
300-400lbs of humans then every single pound saved counts.

I won't ever have that extra 150-200 lbs in my plane. Guess I would have to
weigh the benifits of a thicker firewall vs the thinner one.

I had also planned to put in roll bars to go over my head in the back
(incase it lands on the top) and have those bars to all the way to the
firewall (to offer a little more structural support in case of crash without
it collapsing on me). Not sure if that is going to be over kill (at least
the bars going all the way to the firewall).

Joe