Do you have the NTSB report? The storey at your link says nothing about seat
belts or age or how it was stored. I would rather read the NTSB report, not
some reporters account. :)

l 20, 2011 at 11:08 AM, smwood <smw...@md.metrocast.net> wrote:

> http://thebaynet.com/news/index.cfm/fa/viewstory/story_ID/23184
> The glider was reported to be 43 years old and had been stored outside and
> also in a trailer.
> All KR aircraft have their seat belts and shoulder harness attached to
> wooden structure in the aircraft.  It seems prudent to me that builders and
> owners would pay close attention to how the bolt anchor attachments are
> made
> and the soundness of the lumber during annual condition inspections.
>

> --

Eric Pitts
Terre Haute, Indiana
HTTP://eric.pitts.mystarband.net/KR2S.html<http://eric.pitts.mystarband.net/KR2S.html>

"Life should NOT be a  journey to the grave with the  intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn  out
and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"