Up date on the KR-2 boat:
I had a KR-2 boat that had been given to me.  No takers on giving to a good
home.  The boat had been constructed in the 1980's using Resorcinol glue,
mahogany plywood and spruce.  I broke the boat to get rid of it.  Most of
the glue joints for the spruce-to-spruce joints broke at the glue line.  A
few joints broke in the wood fibers.  Where the plywood was stapled to the
spruce, either the 3/32" plywood broke an inch or so from the spruce or the
spruce would split.  Where the plywood was not stapled, the
spruce-to-plywood joints all broke clean at the glue line.
For this one data point: Resorcinol is not recommended for mahogany plywood
and spruce construction unless high clamping pressure is used.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net