Netters,

I have to admit, I have deleated most of the posts on this subject, but Jeff
Scott's comment about 60 lb imbalance got my attention.  Glassair's have a
wet tip they can add, it increase fuel capacity.  Just as Mark L added to
his wing tips, Glassair has a tip tank that holds about 5 gallons, ten with
both.  From what I can recall, nobody is running a Turbine @ 13gph.  10
gallons should give you more lift with the added area, and 2 or 3 more hours
in the plane, depending on engine type.  I can go about 500 miles in 4 hours
with 12 gallons of fuel in my ferry tank in the seat next to me.  As you
recall I had a off field landing with that same tank next to me and yes the
word FIRE did cross my mind. (about wet myeslf too).  If some of you are
looking for the cool factor of having a missile looking object on the end of
the wing, my all means put one out there. Use it for storage if you want. My
vote goes for alum or pvc tanks in the outboard wings.  I think adding that
much weight at the end of the wing is asking for trouble, just as putting 12
gallons of fuel in the seat next to you.  I will be adding tanks in the wing
during the fix thaqt I'm working on.

Just one mans opinion

ps Steve Glover call me

Lee Van Dyke