On 11/20/2011 1:11 PM, Dan Heath wrote:
> Rudi,
>
> Is that a turbo VW?  Did you build all those planes?  You have a very
> interesting collection.

Hi Dan!

Yes, the engine started life as a type 4 VW, since then the crank,
con-rods, pistons, cylinders and heads have been replaced with custom
parts. I am using an Ellison TB. Yes, it is turbo charged with a Garret
turbo charger with intercooler. The ceramic coated exhaust manifold is
also custom as is the inlet manifold.

No, I did not build all the planes, just a few, some were
rebuilds/rescues I did and some projects that I took over. I love
anything that flies! Soon there will be 2 more additions to the fleet
:-) I have 4 projects (including another KR2) in progress at the moment...

Fly safe,
Rudi