>I've noticed that the CG for the occupants on the KR2 & KR2S is at least a
>foot behind the airplane balance.

>I have not seen that.  Where did you get that information?  Is this on your
>KR or KRs in general?
>Daniel R. Heath

The majority of the "mass" of pilot and passenger are in fact behind
the (acceptable) CG envelope for flight which is 0 to 6 inches aft of
the rear face of the forward spar.  It is a balancing act.  The empty
CG must be at a point that will allow the fuel, pilot, and passenger
to bring the "balance point" (CG) for flight into that 0 to 6 inch
range.  As I recall, my empty CG is one inch, or there about, forward
of the forward limit.  With full fuel (wing tanks only) and me on
board, my CG falls 4 inches aft of the rear face of the forward spar,
right in the middle of the CG envelope.  I could burn off all 25
gallon of fuel and my CG moves forward one inch as all my fuel is
basically right in the CG range.  Each KR is different and the flight
CG for each airplane must be determined for that airplane only.  The
flight CG must be determined for all possible situations, full fuel,
near empty fuel, heavy pilot, light pilot, passenger, no passenger,
baggage, no baggage, etc.  Do it right and fly safe.

Larry Flesner