Phill wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'ma KR Newbie, been lurking around all the KR sites for a while now. I
have come close to pulling the trigger on a build several times over the
years but one thing or another got in the way (that never happens huh :)

You may consider purchasing an unfinished project like I did.  I had wild
dreams
of building the fuse wider and longer, making wings with wing tanks and
using
the new airfoils.  I even used a cad program to make the fuselage just
right.
But in the end, I purchased an unfinished project from Larry Deckert.  A
very
fine quality build with wings done with diehl wing skins, fuselage built to
plans and tail built to plans.  A rebuilt subaru engine, rebuilt corvair
engine,
warpdrive prop. etc, etc.  for a about a quarter of the price materials
would
have cost just for the fuselage.  I am in the process of building a new tail
with actual airfoils, but heck I am years ahead instead of building my dream
Kr.  Just a note, there are some old kr fuselages around that are old and
have been sitting in humid climates and are not worth their weight.  I spent
$700 in fuel to look at some in Oregon and was disappointed.

Steven Bedford s1bedf...@msn.com
Kr-2s