The Mole Tail was designed by Aeronautical Engineer Richard Mole, after he did a stability analysis on the KR2 and S "listed" CG range was out of whack on the aft end, and that the last two inches should be avoided. Dana Overall was given the dimensions and built the tail that I enclosed this morning. I don't know the whereabouts of that plane, but it was too far along for somebody to simply scrap or strip for parts, and it was a KR2S. For more on the Mole Tail, see http://www.krnet.org/misc/mole_tail.pdf . Richard is almost building a new plane, and he's probably pushing 80 these days. I'm hope I'm even half as sharp as he is when I get there...

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com