I would start with AC 43.13-1B.  That's the FAA's standards for wood, wood
selection, and wood inspection standards for aircraft.  It is on line in PDF
format to download for free, or can be purchased from various vendors if you
want a copy sitting in your shop.  (every builder should have a copy of AC
43.13-1B available for reference.

This is the Aircraft Maintenance Technician's Bible and references nearly every
type of system in aircraft construction with "how to" select, fabricate, and
repair.  Chapter 1 is all about wood starting with types of wood used in
Aircraft construction, comparison of the various species, acceptable and
unacceptable defects, how the wood is cut for aircraft use and goes right
through to end with finishing the wood and sealing bolt holes in the wood.
Everything having to do with wood construction is covered in that chapter.

While it's not a video, it has lots of drawings to help understand the concepts.

-Jeff Scott

If anyone can recommend videos and where to find them on wood selection. I
would appreciate it.
Thanks
Bob R