Stef,

Alcohol has too much vapor pressure and will likely dissolve the diaphragm and
seals (old sailing vessels did use alcohol, thus the name "whiskey Compass").
Order the repair kit and install the a new diaphragm and seals for the repair.
The compass fluid is triple distilled kerosene.  However, Kerosene, Naptha,
clear lamp Oil, mineral spirits can all be used. Personally, I would stick with
the really low vapor pressure fluids lke Kerosene or lamp oil (which is also
kerosene)

-Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM

Hello all,
I have a compass (airpath cb2100-T4), but the fluid is a bit gone. If I ordered
bij arcraft spruce it is a dangares goods thing.
I did a search in the kr history mail box And found that is is alcohol that I
need....in the compass.
I have isopropyl alcohol, should I flash the compas en replace it compleet with
alcohol? Or only top it up.
Thanks Stef