A new KR-2 is is part of the flock. It was built by Dwayne Williams who resides
in Delta Colorado. EAA Chapter 1373

I had the privilege to make the maiden flight of this new KR-2 this past
Saturday. Dwayne does not own a computer so has allowed me to make this post.
Dwayne spent 11 years in the construction of the aircraft. It is a plans built
Kr with a vw 2180, Fixed gear, tail wheel. It is well constructed and built to
plans.

The first flight was conducted from Blake Field in Delta Co. The plane flew
great right out of the box, with no startling surprises. The engine did not
miss a beat, with good temperatures throughout the flight. There were no bad
habits from the airframe, it flew straight with very little to no pressure on
the stick to keep things sunny side up. Landing was uneventful.

There are a few problems with some instruments, the most notable being the
airspeed indicator is off about 20 MPH over 100 MPH, but gets more accurate
around 80 MPHI and lower. The only other issue is cabin ventilation. Needs much
more.

It is a Very well built plane, Congratulations to Dwayne.

Roger Bulla
rbul...@wic.net