Hi Guys,

Our KR2 has the original plans flap linkage which consisted of the flap torque
tube squashed flat and turned up at 90 deg.

While simple and cheap, I’m more than a bit worried about its structural
integrity.  I notice significant lack of rigidity in the split flap position
even with the flap handle locked in position.  The flex appears to be at the 90
deg linkage in the wing stub.

I searched the archive and found that Joe Horton also noticed the same - and
when he dug  out the the linkage found cracks and bending of the aluminum
components.   He replaced with steel.

The flap linkage is buried in the wing stub.  Is it worth it for me to rip open
the wing to examine/re-fit?

Has anyone else had problems?

If there is a problem, is it dangerous?

Cheers,