----- Original Message -----
From: "KRnet" <krnet@list.krnet.org>
To: "Samuel Ajayi" <soa...@hotmail.com>, "KRnet" <krnet@list.krnet.org>

As far as I can see the issues with a one piece wing are all about
logistics.  During construction, instead of the fuselage being the longest
item it'll be the wing, with implications for the space needed to complete
the build.  If you're not building at an airport (specifically the airport
from which you'll conduct the first flight) the challenges of getting it to
the airport are obvious.  But the biggest one for me is the challenge of
recovery if you have to put it down in a cornfield somewhere.  If that
happens you'll have the added headaches of time pressure and perhaps being
a long way from home with little local support - bad enough if the aircraft
can be made to fit in the back of a Uhaul (as most KRs can) by simply
removing the outer wing panels, but a nightmare if you have to somehow lift
the fuselage off the wing and then wrangle the bits onto a trailer in who
knows what sort of conditions.  To my mind these issues completely nullify
any advantage a one piece wing might offer.

Cheers,

Tony