From: Jeff Scott via KRnet <krnet@list.krnet.org>
To: krnet <krnet@list.krnet.org>
Cc: Jeff Scott <jscott.pla...@gmx.com>
Sent: Sun, Dec 3, 2017 9:02 pm
Subject: Re: KR> Gaston's?

Gaston's 58 NM away.  I intend to check it out in the near future.

Now there's a great place to have a fly in.  A line of small individual air
conditioned cabins between the runway and the river are available.  Restaurant
on site overlooking the river.  Boat rental if you want to try your hand at
trout fishing the White River.  3200' turf runway, but one way in and one way
out with what I have been told is a tricky approach.  Video of the approach is
on their web site flying in with a Cirrus, so I would expect it to be pretty
easy in the KR once I figure out this low altitude flying.  I'll probably go
explore it with the Cub soon.  A number of groups do have Fly-Ins there,
including the SuperCub and the "Ladies Love Taildraggers" groups.  But the menu
for the restaurant seems to be a bit "high brow" (read high priced) for the KR
crowd.

-Jeff Scott
Cherokee Village, AR