Agree with Larry.  If I end up with a fuel sensor when I finally get all my
instruments, so be it.  if not, I'm not worried.  I always fly by time.  I
plan and book the maximum burn in my Sundowner at 10 gallons per hour.
Leaned out at altitude, I can get it just under 8.  That not only covers my
personal reserves, but always a little bit more.  If I ever have an
accident in a plane it won't be because of lack of fuel.  I'll do the same
in my eventual KR2S.

When I fly to Mount Vernon from New Orleans, I plan for a 5 1/2 hour
flight.  I have 5 1/2 hours of fuel (at max burn).  But I never fly more
than 4 1/2.  Usually need to stop before then anyway.  This particular
flight ( a couple of years ago) I had a great tailwind.  Did the math while
flying, blew past my planned fuel stop (usually West Memphis at 3 1/2
hours) and made it to Mount Vernon in just over 4 hours and 20 minutes.
When I refueled, I bought 34 gallons.  I have 56 total.

Ray_pilot
New Orleans