> "My VW version is only about 4" long due to limited straight runs of
header pipe, but is still quite effective.  It's mounted on rear
cylinder, pilot's side, so it's a short piece of SCAT hose away from the
firewall, and the outlet is right between the rudder pedals, which
directs warm air very nicely towards the pilot!"

I've got exactly the same set-up, although my shroud is closer to 8
inches than 4 inches.  Sure makes flying in the winter much more pleasant
but even in summer it's welcome when flying at my cross-country altitudes
of 12.5 - 13.5.

Mike
KSEE