I had a local sign shop make these vinyl trim strips; put them on myself. This is over vinyl acrylic house paint from Lowes. The paint does advertise having UV protection. The sign shop owner said he could wrap the entire airplane in any color or design I wanted and have his crew come out to the airport to install. Did not do that option.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/expercraft/sidwood/3774428524f1ed5565543e.jpg
Your results may vary.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
California, MD, USA

Anyone try vinyl wrap instead of paint?
Cedric is almost done with the fill process and has to decide on paints.
I?ve been reading a bit on vinyls and talked with the planevinyl.com folks - but still unsure. There are sure some advantages - especially weight if we can skip the prime.

Can you wrap directly on filled/sealed composite? I?ve tried a few small bits and it seems secure and smooth.

If you wrap directly on composite, how protected is the composite from UV?

Clearly a vinyl wrap is not for long term outside parking, but longevity is pretty good if stored in a hanger - and if a replaceable leading edge doubler is used.

Cheers,
Owen