I have had the spring on my kr for over 700 hours. It works well. Tension MUST
be firm. The only drawback is you need a steering bar to push the plane
backwards. I put a bracket on each side of the nose wheel pant and made a
steering rod to fit. Last week I removed the spring to try it,  makes pushing
easy but the friction pressure has to be high on the pivot
Phil
Australia

Sent from my iPhone