John,
 If you can get 2024T3 material instead of the 6061 it is much better. I know
in the homebuild marked the 6061 is used very much because it is so easy to
produce a part. But it is so very soft. As a prof sheetmetalworker I realy hate
that stuf. It is nice to weld and very good corrosion recistant.

Stef

> Op 22 maart 2019 om 13:28 schreef Rob Schmitt via KRnet
> <krnet@list.krnet.org>:
>

> John,
>
> Looks like Wicks still sells the 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 that is called for in the
> plans.
>
> http://aircraftproducts.wicksaircraft.com/viewitems/aircraft-aluminum-metals/6061-t6-aluminum-c-channel
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob Schmitt

Steph and his dad are building the KR-2S see
[http://www.masttotaalconcept.nl/kr2](http://www.masttotaalconcept.nl/kr2)