I'm installing a Facet electric fuel pump and want to use a Nason pressure
switch to shut the fuel off if oil pressure drops to near zero.
Dave McCauley

I was going to respond in much the same manner as Mark.  He has much more experience with in flight emergencies than I do so I'll just ditto his remarks.  My only comment is I don't want anything "automatic" cutting off my fuel supply other than the on / off switch on the panel and the fuel shutoff valves of which I'm totally in command off.  I'm reminded of all the comments I hear about Airbus and the like where too many options are taken away from and override the pilot's control.  Anything that comes between me and the on / off switch limits my options and simply induces another possible failure point.

The chances of you remembering to "turn on the second pump" if a system shuts off your fuel reminds me of an incident a friend of mine had in his RV10.  Flying low altitude in an air race his air intake was cut off when a rubber tube collapsed.  He had two knobs on the panel and pulling either one would have kept him in the air and running normal.  One was carb heat and the other was intake air by-pass.  In the heat of the moment he didn't pull either and ended up landing on a two lane paved road.  All turned out well but he could have just as easily landed back at the airport and correct the problem.

I have two Facet pumps, no gravity feed, and no engine driven pump.  I lost my main electrical buss at altitude and lost the pumps.  I noticed the failure when all my gauges went to zero and without thinking I turned on the backup electrical system.  I'm not sure why / how I reacted so quickly other than I had considered that possible failure mode and designed a backup.  I'm guessing all the thought and planning I had put in to that system allowed my brain to react without a conscious decision.  Whatever it was I landed safely and corrected the problem.

As always, your results may vary.............

Larry Flesner