KR Enthusiasts;

I am planning to make a pitch at the 2019 KR Gathering to host the 2020
event at Lee's Summit Airport in Missouri (KLXT). I understand a vote will
be required and the location needs to be approved. I also wanted to ensure
the KR Net folks have an opportunity to review this as well regardless of if
they can attend this year's Gathering.

We held the 2017 Gathering at our airport and would like the opportunity to
host it once again in 2020.

Summary is as follows;

Proposal for KR Gathering 2020
Lee's Summit Airport (LXT), Missouri

        Event Organizer - Rob Schmitt (KR2S - N1852Z)
        Dates: September 10-13, 2020

        This event has been presented to both the Airport Manager (John
Ohrazda), and the host EAA Chapter 91.
        Both organizations a very supportive and willing to host.
        EAA Chapter 91 will support with their facilities for main gathering
space.
        Airport will support with equipment, contracts as required, hangers
for aircraft if needed due to adverse weather, and a fuel discount.

Airport Description

        Two Runways 18/36 is over 5,000 ft, Runway 11/29 is over 4,000 ft.
        No control Tower

        The airport is in the ADSB Mandatory Veil (30 nm) for Kansas City.
There are no longer any exceptions for this. All aircraft will need to have
ADSB out to operate     in/out of the airport legally.

        Camping will be allowed again at the north west corner of the
airport.

EAA Chapter 91 Facilities

        Main Hanger with Chapter Presentation Room
        Overhead Projector
        Kitchen, Refrigerators
        Grilling equipment
        Tools and equipment for aircraft repair if need
        Restrooms, but no showers

EAA Chapter 91 has conducted several major events in the past to include the
2017 KR Gathering. The Chapter conducts monthly Young Eagles events in
conjunction with a Pancake Breakfast during the Summer months.

        Other Considerations
        Nearest RV Campground with hookups - Lake Jacomo approx. 3 Miles
away
        Hotels - Several local hotels available. Best for the individual to
make their own arrangement for competitive pricing.
        Lee's Summit/Kansas City Area, Sports, Museums, Shopping,
Entertainment, etc.
        Potential fly-outs to surrounding Airports and places of interest.

Let me know if you have any questions. My direct email is robert7...@aol.com

Thanks,

Rob Schmitt
KR2S N1852Z