KRnetHeads,

As I mentioned earlier, something crazy happened at last year's Gathering and I volunteered to arrange the forums this year. That's kind of like hiring the fox to watch the hen house, as there have been times when I thought we spent too much time on forums and not enough time trying to answer builder questions one-on-one, or maybe even just socializing with new builders. In a conversation with Larry Flesner, he made the comment that the least we could do is to concentrate on matters concerning KRs, and I agree completely.

So.....we're cancelling the Wings "Winter Preparedness" forum that was previously scheduled for Friday. After all, the EAA has at least one opportunity per week to watch a "Wings-qualifying" presentation, and there are many others to choose from as well. Instead, we may have a general Q&A session where folks in the audience are free to ask whatever KR related questions they have to a panel of several of us that think we know enough to be helpful, and see how that goes. Of course, anybody's free to stop me and ask whatever they want also....it's not like I have somewhere else I'd rather be, and I'm sure most others feel the same way.

For a preliminary schedule of the upcoming KR Gathering, check the "Fly-In Schedule" link at http://www.krgathering.net . During the Gathering, we can keep an updated list on the white board in the meeting room, so folks can stop by and see what's up next or if there are changes to times or anything else. I'm still scheduled to give a Friday afternoon forum on First Flights (it's labeled "What to do when the fan stops turning" in the schedule), but it will be similar to the one I did last year, but emphasizing some essential things to get in order before your first flight. If you've been flying your KR for years, don't feel like you have to show up....my feelings won't be hurt if there's only one guy there, as long as he gets something helpful out of it. I'll try to keep this thing short.

--
Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com