While not KR related, the face mask's best use against COVID19 is that it keeps
your hands off your face.

FWIW, my mother has been hospitalized in Tucson, AZ for 3-1/2 weeks with
COVID19.  She caught it while in a rehab hospital south of Tucson.  Despite
being 87 years old with congestive heart failure and a few hundred other
ailments, it hasn't killed her.  She would be better off if it would.

-Jeff Scott