Manouveing speed is the speed at which naximium deflection of controls will not
cause unsafe stress on the airframe. It is irrelevant whether such movement
comes from the autopilot or a pilots own hands.  Further autopilot servos have
slipping clutches and shear pins designed into them to prevent undue stress on
airframes at higher speeds. This factor also allows the pilot to override them
at any time without damage as a further safety step. Most older autopilots
still in use today do not use attitude as a reference. They are rate based. An
example is the STEC series, a system that has been used safely for years. It is
only more recently that digital attitude based systems have become available
and it not essential to have one. Autopilots have dampening mechanisms to
reduce scalloping or chasing the wing dip or nav/gps needle. In extreme
turbulence the autopilot cannot respond quickly enough sometimes and it is for
this reason  that it is recommended it be disconnected. It has very little to
do with stressing the airframe especially at manoueving speed or less.

Sent from my iPhone