I can’t speak for the entire route, however looking at it on Skyvector, I would
HIGHLY recommend stopping at KMEI in Meridian Mississippi (~450 NM from
Orlando) as your first stop.  They have very reasonable fuel prices and amazing
food inside their FBO.  Fresh hot dogs, fruit, pizza (if you get there on a
Friday), a coffee grinder, ice cold lemonade, and a soft serve ice cream
machine are just a few treats you can enjoy there.  Also did I mention, it’s
all free?  In addition, you’ll probably see some Navy T-45C’s flying around the
area and they very well might land there as well.  They’re mostly student
pilots, and when not briefing/debriefing, are generally fairly chatty and eager
to talk about their experiences flying the T-45C.

I used to live in Meridian for almost three years, and KMEI is about as good as
they come in terms of general aviation pitstops.  It’s giving me nostalgia just
typing this out.

If you’re looking to stay a little closer to the water and have a little nicer
view (at least while you’re down south), you could always hug the coast and
make Stennis (KHSA, just west of Gulfport MS) your first stop.  Unless
something has changed, when you land at Stennis and buy fuel from them, you can
eat at their café’ for something stupidly cheap (I’m talking a fresh shrimp
sandwich, sweet potato fries, and a drink for something in the realm of $5).
If you’re lucky, you might see some military aircraft down there as well.

Regardless of whatever route you take, have a great trip and fly safe!  If you
find yourself in WA for whatever reason, hit me up and I’ll try to come and
meet you!

V/R

Sam Spanovich
N6399U