> " Love to here any guesses or from anyone with experience."

Mark has had an Ellison diaphram sitting in a glass jar of ethanol for
the last ten years or more with no damage last I heard.

Except for adjusting the idle up a tiny bit, I haven't had to touch my
Ellison in the 14 years I've had it.  My fuel line goes through an
electric pump, an automotive-size fuel filter, a fuel flow turbine, and
finally the pressure regulator.  I avoid auto fuel although I've mixed
Chevron Premium in with the avgas on rare occasions.  Utterly
problem-free carb, in my experience.  It's top mounted.  I learned to my
surprise that the engine will continue to run off of the header tank
without the fuel pump on.  Siphon fed I guess you'd call it.  I turned
the pump off in cruise one day just to see what would happen and nothing
did.  I wouldn't want to do that in any other configuration other than
cruise and descent though.  There's a back-up pump in case of primary
pump failure.  They are both the round kind of aluminum colored pumps
that look almust just like a fuel filter.

**************************

BTW, I've mentioned to Mark there's a fellow here at Gillespie, Doc
McCallister who has an EFS-2 boxed up and ready to ship.  I haven't seen
it.  He bought it from Sparky a number of years ago and decided he wasn't
going to use it for the purpose he bought it for so it's for sale for
$500.  Doc McCallister, (619) 244-4015.

Mike
KSEE

Country Music Star Charlie Daniels Is Dead
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5f0364942f9d364944fe5st04vuc1
Another Pipeline Surprise: Dakota Site Is Shut Down
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5f0364945089764944fe5st04vuc2
Supreme Court Rules Against 'Faithless Electors'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5f03649472ad964944fe5st04vuc3