I often carry on about how well my KR handles on the ground in taxi, takeoff , and landing.  Today, on returning to my home airport after a breakfast flight I put it to the test.  My home base has an 8000 foot by 150 foot runway.  I landed long with about 5000 foot remaining and continued a high speed taxi for approx 4000 feet to a taxiway exit close to the ramp.  While taxiing at 35 mph (gps ground speed) I took my feet off the rudders and placed them flat on the floor.  The KR continued straight ahead for 3000+ feet until I put my feet back on the rudder pedals to make the turnoff to the taxiway.  The wind was calm but the KR did not drift either left or right off straight ahead.  I have never flown another tail wheel airplane that is that stable in ground handling.  In takeoff and landing it takes no more rudder input then to just feel rudder pressure against your foot, little if any movement.  When using the long runway for takeoff with a one mile + taxi I usually find myself taxiing comfortably at 25 mph GPS ground speed.  My gear is set up with zero toe-in / toe-out and tight tail wheel chains.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi9iha1a87xr4ti/IMG_8714.JPG?dl=0

I no longer use that noisy little solid tail wheel but use a fully pneumatic 6" Matco wheel with the fork modified 1 1/2" longer.  Love it.

As always, YRMV.............

Larry Flesner