Hi guys,

First let me tell you that I have my high oil temp under control. After
installing an extra oil cooler I have now in cruise with 24 c degr air the
ground an oil temp about 98 Celsius. In the climb it will go up to 120 Celsius.
So the problem is after a lot of mods solved...all the mods are now removed
from the plane and the extra cooler will do the job. yessss.

Before I could do the sound check (by the Dutch FAA) I had to do a performance
check. My VY needs to be found, this came out with 1200lbs and 79 kts indicated
at 1100ft pm. prop RPM 2500. It is a good number but I thought it was more. But
if you go solo the plane is a rocket.

Yesterday I took off for my first cross country trip with my plane. About 110
miles. Great feeling to go that far with your own plane. At the airport for the
sound check made a perfect landing.

The sound check was pity. We had to do runs with the plane at MTOW 1200lbs at
600ft over a mic, and a controller as a copilot gives me the sign for full
throttle for the climb. On the ground there was a guy and give me direction to
go a bit left or right. After 12 runs there was enough data collected to get my
certificate, my plane makes 68 db. So my plane is now official a plane!

At the return flight engine runs great. But at the preflight whether I see that
at my home base a forecast off12 KTS crosswind was given. So I was a bit
nervous for the landing. When I came in asked for the actual wind and the give
me 200/16  at runway 27....ohh shit this gives me 15 kts cross. My max limit
was 10 kts cross what I had practice. So I was to prepared for a go around but
the landing was perfect. So a lot off swet and stress for nothing. My limit
cross wind limit is now 15 kts.

It was a great day with 3,5 hours off flying.

It is great to have you own plane and go by learning everytime more your
limits. So guys who are building, keep up the spirit!!!!

Stef

Steph and his dad are building the KR-2S see
http://www.masttotaalconcept.nl/kr2 http://www.masttotaalconcept.nl/kr2