John,

I have a Rayjay on my VW.

I do not know how the Revmaster pump is plumbed, but I am running a converted
CB Performance pump. Video can be found here - https://youtu.be/y9lZKKz5rPc
<https://youtu.be/y9lZKKz5rPc>

Concerning the oil spitting, are you running a restrictor in the oil feed line
to the turbo? If not you will likely need one. I believe the opening in mine is
.04. Even then, until the turbos seals are warm I get a little oil spitting out
of the exhaust. Mine could stand to be a little smaller I suspect.

I get no popping sounds on cool down.

Clarks Corviar has parts for these turbos.

Here are two reference links that I have found useful.

Corvair Rajay Turbocharger - Primer II - Generational Differences.pdf
<https://www.corvairforum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=25718&sid=e0bafe7f5d3b4ecbd4182259bec44103>

Corvair Rajay Turbocharger Primer.pdf
<https://www.corvairforum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=25719&sid=e0bafe7f5d3b4ecbd4182259bec44103>

Hope that helps!