Hi,

So whilst 15 years younger I bought a kr2 project and a new 2180vw
conversion from Steve at Great Plains.  I told him I would be turbocharging
it.

I found used revmaster turbo manifolds, a rayjay turvocharger, and used
dual revmaster oil pump.

I got it all together and ran it a buncha times.  Oil pressure was always
40 to 60 psi, all good, right?

Along the way I noticed my dual 4 gear oil pump had common input and output
galleries, so really was not two pumps, but rather a single double capacity
pump.

Also I noticed a lot of soot dots, very small from the exhaust making the
airplane oily, sooty.

And while cooling down the turbocharger, makes popcorn noise.  Odd....

Additionally I found all references to this setup use the two pumps
completely separately, so have decided to go that route.

Anyway I ordered a new dual pump to separate the two, now I am wondering
who knows these ray jay turbochargers? Disassembly, inspection, repair?

I am thinking I should check it out...

Any Ray Jay guys here?

thanks

jg