John Bouyea wrote:

>> You might remember I sent out mailers to all the KRs I could find on the FAA's active registry for the 2018 KR Gathering. You can read the copy at this link; http://krgathering.net/web_pages/2018GatheringFlyerFinal-w-MailMerge.pdf The effective return we had on the mailing was almost zero. The cost was not insignificant and it was paid by the KR Fund.<<

What John should have said was "The cost was not insignificant and was paid by entirely by JOHN BOUYEA!" John went beyond the call of duty, and I applaud his efforts. KR builders are famously "cheap" (and I'm on of them....that's why we chose this airplane to build), but unfortunately can get discouraged and abandon their dream after decades (as many home builders become), opening the door for another dreamer to take over at an even lower cost, and hopefully finish up that dream. Lots are started, but many are never finished.

Even some flying KRs are deliberately dismantled, in an effort to avoid liability issues, which I think is a bit misguided. I remember reading somewhere that nobody's ever won a law suit against an experimental builder, but nobody wants to be the first to lose either, not to mention lawyer fees. EAA has a waiver form online for sellers and buyers to sign, but there's still room to be sued due to "negligence". I'm no legal scholar, but it's a shame some KRs and other experimentals fall victim to that....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com
Huntsville, AL