The KR has always been a popular design in South Africa.  The KR distributor in
that country was Sakkie Halgreen who built the one in these pictures

https://tinyurl.com/5w95zpc
and did such a nice job (1980 or so) that a lot of guys started building KR's.
Sakkie died in a flat spin while test flying someone else's KR - both of them
in the plane I think.  The standard KR is horribly tail heavy with two people
in it (at least mine was - my first KR) so spinning one with two people is a
really bad idea.  That fellow who videoed his flat spin all the way down a year
or two ago up in Wisconsin or some nearby state shows that it's not a good idea
even with one person.  I've had two people, both experienced pilots, have their
KR's drop out from underneath them on the turn to final so it obviously can
happen but I've taken my current one (Ken Cottle's 1½) to the edge of a stall
many times on the turn to final and all it does is get mushy.  I've never
forced it into a spin.

Sakkie's KR in the pictures at the link above has been restored and is flying.
Currently has about 900 hours on it.

Mike StirewaltKSEE