Wow, Larry. I subscribe to Kitplanes, but must have missed this
article. Hard to believe An aircraft as $$$$ as a Cirrus would have
such an issue.

        -----------------------------------------From: "Flesner"
To: krnet@list.krnet.org
Sent: Sunday April 18 2021 4:05:15PM
Subject: KR>Re: extended taxi test

 From an article in Kit Planes.
https://www.kitplanes.com/aircraft-brakes/
 />

 First Surprise—Heat

 One fairly warm summer day I landed at Milwaukee’s Mitchell Field
 visit my parents. The landing was followed by a rather long taxi to
the
 FBO, including multiple stops and possibly some inadvertent brake
 dragging, which often accompanies steering a castering nosewheel
plane.
 I thought nothing of it until returning later that evening and
finding
 two large puddles, one at each main wheel. How nice—there was all
my
 brake fluid on open display, clearly indicating that this bird was
not
 going to fly anymore that day!

 Having heard of the heat problems (including some fires) that Cirrus
had
 in their earlier days, it didn’t take me long to figure out that
the
 heat of substantial braking, aggravated by tight-fitting wheel pants,
 had flattened the O-rings in the brake calipers and allowed the fluid
 pass by. A quick cab back to my folks and snatching one of their
cars, I
 drove 100 miles home and the next day came back equipped with new
 O-rings, fluid and bleeder—a genuine “field repair.”

 ________________________________
 -Please see LIST RULES and KRnet info at
http://www.krnet.org/info.html
 /> -Change list delivery options at
https://list.krnet.org/list/krnet.list.krnet.org/ [1] Affinity List
Info Board
 -Search recent KRnet Archives at
https://list.krnet.org/empathy/list/krnet.list.krnet.org/
 /> -Search John Boyea's decades of archive at
https://www.mail-archive.com/krnet@list.krnet.org/ [2]

Links:
------
[1] https://list.krnet.org/list/krnet.list.krnet.org/