If you plan to fly to Oshkosh I have the following suggestions. Take them for what they are worth.

At times of "very heavy traffic" the new extended approach routes to Rippon will be in use.  Locate these points as well as Ripon on your moving map and save them as check points.  Plan to land and take on full fuel no closer then 30 minutes from Ripon.  Call the ATIS at Oshkosh and see what's going on with traffic and which routes and runways are in use.  Load the remainder of the flight to a current flight plan while you are on the ground and have plenty of time.  You don't want to be looking at / programing your GPS in the air when you should be looking for airplanes.  Have your NOTAMS book open to the route you will be flying with radio frequencies highlighted, etc..  Flying the last leg with full fuel will allow you to fly the holding patterns if necessary and still divert if Oshkosh is closed for any reason.  This will also allow you to land and depart Oshkosh without having to refuel on the ground at Oshkosh which is one less thing to worry about. That plan has worked for me the four times I've flown in to Oshkosh from southern Illinois.  I land at DeKalb, one hour south of Oshkosh, refuel, get the current info, and fly the last leg feeling a great deal less pressure.

As always, YRMV.........

Larry Flesner