This is a great idea, and you can put me on the list who are interested.Alex
WaissSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: victor taylor via KRnet
<krnet@list.krnet.org> Date: 5/5/21  09:36  (GMT-05:00) To:
krnet@list.krnet.org Cc: victor taylor <velocityo...@yahoo.com> Subject: KR>Re:
KR Trainer Hello KR builders, An opportunity to put together a trainer has come
up. I spoke with Mark and he is onboard with this idea. I am willing to buy and
set up a KR2 for training and get an exemption from the FAA so we can legally
train in it. The airplane needs to be totally self sufficient to make this
happen. The airplane would be based near Mobile Alabama. Myself and Jeff Scott
were former Velocity Aircraft transition flight instructors and know how to set
up a proper transition training program. If someone buys a KR it would be
different from someone who had built a KR. All in all though to properly
transition most people takes between 5 and 10 hours. So probably around a
thousand dollars for someone with no MR time. Based on my conversation with
Mark Langford I’m ready to do this if we have the interest. The aircraft needs
to make enough money to repay the debt over time while paying for its own
hangar rent and maintenance.We could also give demo flights in it. Availability
of training would push the value of existing KR’s up and lower insurance rates
so it would benefit the whole community.Can I get a show of hands of those who
would be interested in training, flight reviews etc? Please give your opinion
even if you wouldn’t need this training.Victor TaylorCFII> On May 3, 2021, at
03:30, krnet-requ...@list.krnet.org wrote:> > Send KRnet mailing list
email, send a message with subject or> body 'help' to>
krnet-requ...@list.krnet.org> > You can reach the person managing the list at>
  krnet-ow...@list.krnet.org> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so
it is more specific> than "Re: Contents of KRnet digest..."> > Today's Topics:>
>   1. Re: Jabiru 3300 engine? (Flesner)>   2. Re: Jabiru 3300 engine?
(Flesner)>   3. Re: Jabiru 3300 engine? (Flesner)>   4. Re: Jabiru 3300 engine?
(Jeff Scott)> > >
----------------------------------------------------------------------> >
Message: 1> Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 07:26:34 -0500> From: Flesner
<fles...@frontier.com>> Subject: KR>Re: Jabiru 3300 engine?> To:
krnet@list.krnet.org> Message-ID:
<5f036c24-cf43-e297-2a09-52f628f85...@frontier.com>> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=utf-8; format=flowed> >> On 5/1/2021 10:27 PM, Jeff Scott wrote:>> This
is a common issue with the Jabiru.> > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>
------------------------------> > Message: 2> Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 07:53:01
-0500> From: Flesner <fles...@frontier.com>> Subject: KR>Re: Jabiru 3300
engine?> To: krnet@list.krnet.org> Message-ID:
<c12c7a27-f6d1-e1fa-b5e2-d8b12f369...@frontier.com>> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=utf-8; format=flowed> >> On 5/1/2021 10:27 PM, Jeff Scott wrote:>> This
is a common issue with the Jabiru. ex pretty easily.>> -Jeff Scott> >
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++> > Jeff,> > Do you
recall the amount of MMO they were running in the 3300 that > checked well?  4
oz to 10 gallon of fuel is recommended but I run 4 oz > to 5 gallon in the
0-200 and a bit in the crankcase at oil change time.> > Larry Flesner> >
------------------------------> > Message: 3> Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 07:55:30
-0500> From: Flesner <fles...@frontier.com>> Subject: KR>Re: Jabiru 3300
engine?> To: krnet@list.krnet.org> Message-ID:
<70e5d87a-91ad-3d78-e516-da57a44f3...@frontier.com>> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=utf-8; format=flowed> >> On 5/1/2021 10:27 PM, Jeff Scott wrote:>> This
is a common issue with the Jabiru.>> -Jeff Scott> >
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++> > I forgot to mention that he
leans aggressively, even on taxi, and his > plugs run clean with no deposits.
Engine has approx 350 hours TT.> > Larry Flesner> > >
------------------------------> > Message: 4> Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 15:46:32
+0200> From: Jeff Scott <jscott.pla...@gmx.com>> Subject: KR>Re: Jabiru 3300
engine?> To: krnet@list.krnet.org> Message-ID:
<trinity-66700996-f8ad-4839-b1d2-41403a6a8634-161996319211>
2@3c-app-mailcom-bs11>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8> > > >> Sent:
Sunday, May 02, 2021 at 7:53 AM>> From: "Flesner" <fles...@frontier.com>>> To:
krnet@list.krnet.org>> Subject: KR>Re: Jabiru 3300 engine?>> >>> On 5/1/2021
10:27 PM, Jeff Scott wrote:>>> This is a common issue with the Jabiru. ex
pretty easily.>>> -Jeff Scott>> >>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>> >> Jeff,>> >> Do you
recall the amount of MMO they were running in the 3300 that >> checked well?  4
oz to 10 gallon of fuel is recommended but I run 4 oz >> to 5 gallon in the
0-200 and a bit in the crankcase at oil change time.>> >> Larry Flesner> > I
really don't recall.  I could send him a text later today and ask, but 4 oz
sounds about right.  MMO seems to soften the lead deposits causing them to
slough more easily and lessening lead build up in the engine.  Lead build up in
an engine is a constant process where the lead is always building and sloughing
away.  I once checked a fresh engine 2 hours after I had overhauled it and was
quite surprised by the amount of lead that had already built on top of the
pistons.  > > Leaning helps to avoid excess deposits, but leaded fuel will
always deposit lead on any exposed surface as it burns. TetraEthylLead is used
to not only boost octane, but as a sacrificial metal intended to deposit
between the valve face and valve seat to prevent valve face/seat erosion due to
the valve and seat faces exchanging metals while hot.  Newer, hardened seats
and valves no longer require lead to protect them.  In the Jabiru engines, it
seems to cause static valve seating issues.  But, if you checked the engine
with a boroscope, you wouldn't see any signs of uneven heating or burning of
the exhaust valves, so they are not leaking dynamically as that would cause the
valves to burn and fail, which would be obvious with a boroscope.  It's just
something that shows up on a static differential compression test.  So, to
assure the mechanic that all is actually OK, the mechanic stakes the valves and
finds the compression readings recover to normal.  It's really not an actual
problem with the engine itself.  I suspect part of this may come from the
Jabirus having small valves and light valve springs, which is actually a good
thing.> > -Jeff Scott> Arkansas Ozarks> > ------------------------------> >
Subject: Digest Footer> > ________________________________> Search the KRnet
Archives at <A
HREF="https://list.krnet.org/empathy/list/krnet.list.krnet.org/";> KRnet Empathy
Archive administration </A>.> Please see LIST RULES and KRnet info at
http://www.krnet.org/info.html .> To change list delivery options visit the  <A
HREF="https://list.krnet.org/list/krnet.list.krnet.org";> KRnet Affinity List
Info Board</A> .> <A
HREF="https://www.mail-archive.com/krnet@list.krnet.org/";>John Bouyea's KRnet
Searchable Email Archive  (recent, as well as decades old)</A> > >
------------------------------> > End of KRnet Digest, Vol 9, Issue 92>