Besides universal health care one of the good things about Canada is that
amateur built aircraft receive a Certificate of Airworthiness. Maybe as an
amateur built but a C of A. non the less. And you’re welcome to rent hangar
space at a nominal rate.

In a similar note the question has arisen about overflying ‘foreign’
countries. My understanding from a recent reference that one can overfly
Canada as one would from mainland US to Alaska or over St. Johns as one
would doing a Lindbergh from New York to Paris by calling up Flight
Following. But the US does not permit overflying in the same way probably
because of the under employed aircraft equipped National Guard.

My own experience flying from London in the heart of the Great Lakes to
relatives in Charlottetown in Price Edward Island has been to file from
Sherbrooke Quebec and across Maine. But flying home if I were to have a
headwind I would not make it westward across Maine so I stayed in Canada.
This entailed flying up north to the St. Lawrence River and then west
homeward. The question how much of the northern tip of Maine dare I cut off.

W.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>