I have a workable bracket for attaching the gear leg to the main spar drawn
in solidworks.  I ordered a set water jet cut and am waiting for delivery.
 I've done a few simulations in SW to test for buckling and dynamic load,
but not having an engineering backround I don't have a great deal of
confidence in the numbers I've picked out.  Can anyone toss out the
applicable forces for the landing loads applied at the axle?  I'm also
needing to choose between SCOTCHPLY and 7075 T651 aluminum for gear legs
and have a source and pricing for both.  With axle brackets from
tracyobrien.com and AN hardware, I'll be ready for my retrofit.  Glad to
send copies of drawings, just let me know off line @kstolham...@gmail.com
and specify format.
Kevin in WA