Hi Mike,

Hopefully your sudden hearing loss is just wax build up where they can flush
your ear and you're good as new.

When you were receiving gibberish, there's a good chance you may have already
had an intrusion of some sort into your computer.  Same with the pop ups
wanting you to update your password.  They masquerade as something you are
familiar with and get you to react without noticing that it's not really from
the source you thought it was.  They capture your password and hijack your
email account, then use it for nefarious purposes.  I had that happen once
about 10 years ago.  My Google had a bug that left an unterminated web process
in place if you didn't log off, and some Ukrainian hacker managed to hijack my
email account through that bug.  He pretended to be me stuck in the Ukraine in
legal trouble pleading for $$ and sent it to every address google had recorded
under my account.  Then he deleted all of my emails and all contacts from my
account.  I searched and searched until I finally found someone at google that
said they would make an attempt to restore my account.  Within minutes, I got
the whole thing back.  All my contacts, all my stored emails, the whole ball of
wax.  I considered myself to be very fortunate to have recovered everything.
But, if it's been gone for a few days, the chances of them rolling it back
become less and less.  But maybe yours is all still intact if you can only find
a human being to deal with to get it fixed.

One thing for sure, since KRNet can only send text, it can't corrupt your
email.  You have to actively do something in order to do corrupt of damage it.
Often times you are induced by what they call "social engineering", such as
getting you to change your password on a spoofed web site.

I know lots of other people interested in the tail beacon X.  I guess I'm not
in the market since I already have UAT Out for my ADS-B needs and that is
sufficient for anything I will ever do.  The new plane has a wing tip beacon,
so that one is covered as well.  I've got the inspection pretty well wrapped up
on the Charger now.  I"m just waiting for the radio to come back from the
repair shop, then can install it and reassemble the sheet metal around the
cockpit, then do a new W&B and it will be ready to go.  This week I've been
building a HO-360 to go into a Bellanca Scout.  It's pretty well wrapped up as
well with just a couple of minor items for me to finish tomorrow.  I'll attach
a couple of photos of it.

I have company here next week, so will put myself on vacation.  But once they
are gone it looks like I should have a window of time to leap off into tearing
out an oversized jetted tub and building a walk in shower in the guest bath.
I've got all the shower parts laying on the deck waiting for me to have time to
get to it, so I want to knock out that project as soon as is practical for me.
Once it's done, I should have the radio for the Charger, can do that little bit
to it and get it into the air.  I'm really looking forward to teaching myself
to fly it.

I don't know anyone shopping for KRs, but I'm mostly out of the loop with the
KR stuff now days.  I monitor and occasionally comment on the KRNet, but am
wrapped up in so many other things that I don't know who is looking for what
anymore.  If you're up for it, you might think about flying it up to the
Gathering this year as the Gathering will be in conjunction with the Light
Sport Expo, so the plane would get a lot of exposure if you are serious about
selling.

Man, I hate dealing with all the tire kicker idiots when I try to sell a plane.
 And I need to sell two planes this summer for the EAA Chapter.  I'm not at all
looking forward to dealing with that.

Best regards,

-Jeff Scott