Cleaning the garage this weekend I found in a stack of CD's the KR Newsletter CD.  I've enjoyed looking at some of the early articles and I'm amazed at how the airplane has matured over the years.  One thing I had to chuckle at was someone suggesting additional layers of glass around the lead edge of the wing.  The claimed they heard that bugs had penetrated the lead edge with just two layers of glass.  I'm wondering what kind of death dive the airplane would have to make for bugs to penetrate two lays of glass and what size the bugs would have to be.  I once had a June bug hit my upper lip just under my nose doing 65 mph on a motorcycle and I wanted to stop and cry but penetrating two layers of glass.  Really?

Larry Flesner