Hi All,

I have taken over my son’s KR2s project since he took off to college and left
it in our garage!!

My son was enamored with VWs, but I am considering an engine change.

So - I may now have some of the coolest VW conversions looking for new homes.

1)
Superlight, super cool $5,000:
1915cc magnesium case with integral spin on oil filter, extended prop bearing,
cnc aluminum Nickies ($4,100 alone) cylinders, Heads - Dual spark, ceramic
thermal barrier coated by Swain Tech Coatings, Valves stainless with Swain Tech
ceramic thermal barrier coated tops, ceramic coated forged pistons, dual
distributor-less (MSD Midget $900per box) electronic ignition, Ellison or HAPI
Ultracarb (Lectron), extra large high efficiency  G-plus Oil cooler.

(This is the engine on the plane now. It comes with motor mount.  It is
extremely light weight due to a no-expense spared push to the lightest/highest
quality components throughout such as the Nickies, magnesium case, etc etc.
Additionally, it incorporates all the hard learned lessons in VW reliability
(oil flow, nose bearing, forged crank, etc etc) and best attempts at dealing
with heat (the cnc aluminum cylinders are MUCH cooler, ceramic thermal barrier
coatings too keep heat in exhaust, and both better oil flow and better oil
cooling to shed heat).

https://swaintech.com/race-coatings/ <https://swaintech.com/race-coatings/>

https://lnengineering.com/products/porsche-and-vw-aircooled-cylinders-and-pistons/vw-type-1/vw-type-1-94mm-nickies-cima-mahle-94-registers-4493-head-deck-inc-je-pistons.html

<https://lnengineering.com/products/porsche-and-vw-aircooled-cylinders-and-pistons/vw-type-1/vw-type-1-94mm-nickies-cima-mahle-94-registers-4493-head-deck-inc-je-pistons.html>

https://www.holley.com/products/ignition/ignition_boxes/distributorless/parts/6214

<https://www.holley.com/products/ignition/ignition_boxes/distributorless/parts/6214>

2)
Turbo - $3,500:
1915cc Aluminum Case, Both carb and injection options - draw through Ellison or
throttle-body with injection; complete turbo exhaust and intake manifolds,
intercooler, Garret turbocharger,  Heads - Dual spark, ceramic thermal barrier
coated by Techline Coatings, Valves stainless with Techline ceramic thermal
barrier coated tops, Swain Tech ceramic coated forged pistons, dual Autronic
distributor-less electronic ignition and fuel injection control, extra large
high efficiency G-plus Oil cooler.

(This was going to be generation 2 - and comes with turbo motor mount.  A bit
heavier engine, but robust enough to deal with turbo and great attention paid
to reducing/shedding heat via ceramic thermal barrier coatings too keep heat in
exhaust, and both better oil flow and better oil cooling to shed heat)

3)
Ultimate Top Bug!  $4,000:
Extremely rare TOP BUG conversion of the Type IV engine made with 103mm
cylinders and a 78mm stroke crank shaft giving a HUGE 2600cc displacement!   It
was made with a Scat forged crankshaft with the extended "Force One" prop
bearing. Comes with electronic ignition and injection.

(No replacement for displacement!!!  They Type IV is a much better engine - but
heavier.  Conventional low displacement Type IV conversions did not see enough
improvement in power to be worth the extra cost and weight.  However, the
carbureted TOP BUG 2.6l conversion made 92hp at 3200RPM.  I was thinking of
turbo charging this engine and it comes with turbo charger.  With FI/EI, this
Top Bug should very comfortably make well over 100hp).

If I can sell all these, I may just be able to afford the new engine…

Cheers!
Owen