> ...said he bought the Jabiru because it's a little tail heavy and he was
> going to put a lighter engine in the back.

I don't know why people go to extremes when they find an aft CG, like buying another engine, or another one I've seen, a giant circular weight underneath the spinner. It's just too easy to extend the engine mount (or build another one), and extend the cowling with a little fiberglass to match. Really, with a little care you shouldn't suddenly discover an aft CG, with proper planning and a weight and balance spreadsheet....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com
Huntsville, AL