Larry Flesner wrote:

>  A very "unscientific" test was done to destruction at one of
> the Gatherings and impressed all in attendance.

See http://www.krnet.org/mvn2008/ for a few amazing pictures of a spar test done at Mount Vernon in 2008, about midway down. Spar attach fittings weren't tested, but Don Reid did that eons ago also, showing quite a "margin", and WAF failure is not going to happen. Larry and I both have seen crash spars that were severed on both sides of the WAFs, and it was spar breakage nearby, but the WAFs and bolt holes were just fine. Pretty sure the spar breakage was due to impact with the Earth.

There's a lot of other interesting stuff on that site also.....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com
Huntsville, AL