On 7/29/2022 7:29 PM, kiwi faulkner via KRnet wrote:
Mike's work highlighted the need for several modifications to the structure given that the UK PFA would not approve an increase in MAUW above 900lb for either KR2/KR2S without them.  That was simply the position of the UK 'authority' governing homebuilt aeroplanes - many successful examples remain flying worldwide.

Nga mihi

Any idea if a list of these mods are available anywhere?  Were any aircraft tested with physical weights or were these design analysis?  I've seen the wreckage of two KR's that impacted the ground and they disintegrated "all over the structure" but never the wing attach fittings, long considered the weakest part of the wing.  Marty Roberts came the closest to "flight testing" a KR as anyone I'm aware of.  At the Gathering at Red Oak, Iowa, he did a high speed that broke the baggage rack loose and it fell on his elevator cables giving him limited control. Upon landing he headed straight to the beer cooler !!  Let's hope his "Heavenly wings", if he passed the flight test, are flown a bit more conservatively.

Along those lines, I passed the site of a helicopter crash a week or so after the event.  Someone had placed a small sign at the site saying "God needed a pilot".  My thought was "if he needed a pilot, why pick one that flew in to a building?"  Was he the most capable pilot available?

Larry Flesner