On 9/23/2022 4:09 AM, Phillip Matheson via KRnet wrote:
It’s a fairly simple job to make the aileron spar caps last, when finished
cutting and sanding to shape, then just sit them in their correct place, fit
and drill the piano hinge, then remove and fit lock nut to the back of the spar.
Phil.

Cutting the ailerons out of the wing and installing the spars and hinges leaves more that a bit of guidance out of the manual.Drawing #71 is not actually to scale as it does not account for the extra ½” removed from the bottom side of the aileron skin to account for down aileron travel.When I installed the aileron spar in my ailerons I finished the aileron on the work table.Later, when wing was installed on the airplane each end of the aileron did not line up with the wing trail edge.When one end matched the other did not.Problem!I did not account for the 3 degree washout in my wing.My solution was to Dremel cut the upper surface of the aileron just behind the spar nearly the full length of the aileron.I then clamped both ends to match the wing and floxed the cut to hold that shape.When cured I removed the hinge from the aileron and wrapped several layers of deck cloth from the top skin and around the corner to the spar.I used deck cloth because its lighter weight allows for better layup on corners without “humping” off the surface.After cured I attached the hinge and mounted back the aileron on the airplane with both ends matching the wing.With that experience, if I were building again, I’d follow the steps in the attachment outlined to this post.  If anyone sees an error in the method please respond.

Larry Flesner