"The Lear Jets I used to deal with, they could only put fuel in their tip
tanks if the overall fuel weight was above a certain figure due to stability
issues."
Filling one side full with the opposite tank being empty can cause the plane to
tip over.  I've never seen that actually happen but have just heard this via
hangar talk.  I imagine this is what Colin is talking about regarding
"stability issues" with the Lear.

In the case I mentioned re the mysterious KR that I've never heard anything
more about, the builder had increased his wing area through adding length and
chord.  Someday I'll learn the rest of the story regarding that extraordinary
plane.  I'll go looking for those pictures in the meantime.

Mike