Hi Chet,

There is more composite work on the KR2 / Freebird than there is woodwork by far. If you were to build the rudder for instance: you have just a top rib and a bottom rib plus the spar. Then you have to fill it with foam, shape it and cover it all with glass. Then trim the glass, fill the weave with micro. 10% time spent on the wood construction and 90% time on the composite.
To my knowledge there was only one KR look alike that was all composite and it crashed.
Reach out to other KR guys in your area and start building any of the parts. As mentioned you can build a fuselage by simply adding length and bats as Mark had mentioned. I’m happy to give you a ride and help you get started if you can get to Mobile Alabama.

Victor Taylor
Irvington, Alabama