I'm only telling you how I got it wrong.
 I got confused by using several resource manuals, and wound up setting
valve clearances using 1234, while my 09 ignition fires 1432.  Still had
compression on individual cylinders,  and had spark at each plug, just not
at the correct time. It would pop and occasionally backfire,  but not run.
This may be totally useless info for you...best of luck.
Kevin

On Sun, May 28, 2023, 2:26 PM dee david via KRnet <krnet@list.krnet.org>
wrote:

> Kevin,
> Please articulate this point a little further for me. Are you saying that
> I'm firing in the wrong cylinders?
> Thanks
>
> On Sun, May 28, 2023 at 5:03 PM Kevin Stolhammer via KRnet <
> krnet@list.krnet.org> wrote:
>
>> More than once I have set the valves wrong.  Meaning compression sequence
>> and ignition sequence were not the same, and yet individually each cylinder
>> seamingly had both.  I'd check...
>>
>> On Sun, May 28, 2023, 1:19 PM dee david via KRnet <krnet@list.krnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Still have not got my HAPI engine with a POSA throttle body and Slick
>>> 4216 magneto started.
>>>
>>> These are the facts as I have them right now.
>>>
>>> 1.       Compression of the cylinders indicates that the engine is good.
>>>
>>> a.       FL 125
>>>
>>> b.       RL 110
>>>
>>> c.       FR 125
>>>
>>> d.       RR 115
>>>
>>> 2.       Spark is interesting.
>>>
>>> a.       When hand propping I have a strong Spark in the front
>>> cylinders (FL & FR). However the rear cylinders (RL & RR) do not produce