On 6/14/2023 9:00 PM, Dr. Feng Hsu wrote:
Can't believe you sold your KR2 Larry?! May we ask why you would want to let go of your bird that you built and flew for so many years? This means we won't see your famous 211LF at this year's KR gathering in Mt Vernon, right?

Dr. Hsu

It wasn't so much that I WANTED to let it go after 13 years building and 20 years flying it but there is this thing called getting old.  In just 18 months I'll hit the big 80 mark.  I'm lucky to have lasted this long.  I had not flown the KR but once in over a year and that was to the last Gathering due to health issues like afib and sleep apnea and side effects of medications for those issues.  All that appears under control for now but even with good health you tend to slow down when approaching 80.  I'm still moving upright, have all my original limb joints, no other body parts replaced, can still put on my underwear standing up, so I can't complain.  I still hang out at the airport and will help our EAA chapter with the B25 three day visit next week.

Let this be a reminder to all builders and fliers.  Aging is not a linear process.  Get that project finished and get out and enjoy flying it.  You can finish dinner one evening, make a trip to the emergency room, and your flying career is over.  Get out and make memories to enjoy when that happens to you.

Oh, and yes, you will most likely see 211LF at the Gathering this year as it is now hangared just 10 miles down the road  from it's home of many years and still just 50 or so miles from Mt.Vernon. You will notice a few changes made since your last viewing.

Larry Flesner